— Senior Product Manager of Mailing Solutions— Software Development Engineer in Test— Systems Engineer— Account Representative— Technical Support Engineer— Technical Program Manager
Senior Product Manager of Mailing Solutions
The Product Manager of Mailing Solutions is responsible for Satori’s portfolio of products and services for in-house and production mailers.
- Understand the company’s overall strategy and strategies specifically concerning the mailing services category.
- Identify opportunities, emerging trends and competitive threats in our markets-of-interest.
- Develop business cases for investment opportunities.
- Ensure that we collectively understand the customer and the customer problems our products and services solve.
- Ensure that our products & services solve targeted customer problems as intended.
- Gather, prioritize, and communicate product requirements.
- Serve as Product Owner for SCRUM based development.
- Ensure that the entire organization is ready before launching new features, products or services.
- Manage the roadmap for the Mailing Solutions product line.
- Deliver value and insight throughout product & service lifecycles.
- Support marketing, sales and professional services in revenue capture and growth.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management and mailing software.
- Strong listening and analysis skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and self motivated work style.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent written, visual, conversation and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all team members and maintain a positive and professional attitude while fostering an atmosphere of teamwork.
- MS Office proficiency, including Visio.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Post-graduate degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of address validation, postal regulations and related services.
- Significant knowledge of competitive landscape of the mailing services industry.
- Product management certification.
Apply Top of Page
Software Development Engineer in Test
As an experienced and highly technical SDET on a dev-ops team, you will write code to test Satori Software’s core data services platform and participate in implementing and extending core infrastructure. You will be a member of a small team of dev and IT professionals who will maintain, extend and scale the platform which supports many of our products and services, implement new features, create tools and infrastructure support for internal customers, and develop processes and infrastructure to move us towards a vision of continuous-delivery. The ideal candidate has experience with build automation tools, automation frameworks, developing tools and automation for internal customers, and is looking for a position with high growth potential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing, designing and implementing robust tools and automation.
- Working with team members to maintain, scale, distribute and support platforms for internal customers.
- Assisting with assessing, testing, and deploying build and automation infrastructure improvements to support continuous-integration with an aim of continuous-delivery.
Experienced – You have extensive experience with testing applications and Web services built on Microsoft technologies. Experience designing, creating and maintaining test automation and are highly competent in C#.
Knowledgeable – You have a great understanding of a variety of Microsoft technologies, applications, test tools and frameworks. Git and JIRA experience is a plus. Knowledge of Postal mailing industry is a big plus.
Resourceful – You might not know everything but you know how to figure it out without spending all day doing it.
Passionate – You love to test things and break things, learn new ways to work and learn new technologies. A love of waffles is a bonus.
Apply Top of Page
As a Systems Engineer, you will work as a key contributor on the Engineering Team. This team is chartered to do whatever it takes to make it so that our developers can keep on writing code, testers can keep on testing it, and the entire development organization can keep on shipping software quickly, reliably and with a minimum of fuss. With you on the team, development and testing environments hum along happily, regardless of whether the machines that live within them are Windows or some flavor of UNIX or LINUX, and whether the physical hardware lives down the hall from you or an airplane flight away. Team members and management alike can rest assured that one of our company’s most crucial assets, our code, is properly stored, versioned, backed up and archived on a wise schedule. New employees can quickly get access to the development and testing environments they need, and also take the right cautionary steps to prevent unauthorized access to our key assets.
The list of projects you’ll be working on will be continually evolving, but here are a few of the technical things you would start to take on as you learn our environment:
- Troubleshooting issues relating to shared development and test servers and network infrastructure – our systems involve AIX, Solaris, Windows and multiple flavors of Linux all integrated with one another
- Ongoing management and extension of our source code control system (Git)
- Ongoing management and extension of our defect tracking system (JIRA)
Many opportunities exist for you to expand your responsibilities and find ways to further optimize our software development and delivery tools. Think build automation, continuous integration, even software installer creation… you’ll be uniquely positioned to work out the most pragmatic and reliable techniques, and spread them to each of our development teams.
You will have support. You’ll be part of a small but experienced Systems Engineering team, and you will have the opportunity to work closely with all of our development teams and our IT group, leveraging their expertise when you need it. It’s OK if you don’t know absolutely everything about everything when you start – the most important thing is that you can learn what you need to know when you’re presented with projects that stretch into technical areas you may not have visited before.
You are and always have been a complete natural around computers. Perhaps you amused yourself and impressed your friends and family growing up by demonstrating your ability to build a server from scratch in the blink of an eye. Of course you’re the one your friends and family always call first with computer problems. You likely have an associates or bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, mathematics, computer science or other STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) field. You recognize that Windows is not the center of the universe, but merely one planet sharing an orbit with other viable spheres, and are therefore fluent in Windows and at least one of the following: Solaris, AIX and Linux (we run Red Hat and SUSE Linux, but of course BSD knowledge would be just as helpful). Some other things you may have in your toolkit:
- Solid understanding of programming and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience scripting or developing in Windows, UNIX and LINUX environments
- Experience working with distributed source code control systems, such as Git
- Experience working with defect tracking systems, such as JIRA
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP/S, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network file sharing systems (SMB/CIFS/SAMBA,NFS)
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Familiarity with OpenSSH
- Familiarity with command line UNIX use
- Basic understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V and/or Xen)
You are versatile and love variety in your day-to-day work. Doing the same thing day after day bores you, and you crave a constant stream of puzzles to solve. Like a sponge, you soak up new skills and are constantly on the lookout for areas where you can learn and help out.
You communicate well and enjoy being part of a team. Our software developers and testers work in a variety of locations throughout the US. Our largest group is in Seattle, WA. We also have a small office in La Crosse, WI, and a few people who work from home offices along the East Coast. All of us are comfortable communicating via email, on conference calls and of course, in person. The same is true of you. The one thing our team members all have in common is that we genuinely like working together and helping each other get the job done. Being a competent engineer is important of course, but it’s equally important that you also take pleasure in being a part of each team and helping them to get software shipped off to customers.
Still sound like fun?
Great! We want to talk to you. Apply now at the link below to get the conversation started.
Apply Top of Page
The Account Representative is a critical role toward achieving Satori Software’s customer intimacy strategies. This role requires an aggressive team player with a relentless desire to proactively satisfy our customer’s software renewal requirements. Successful incumbents will have tremendous opportunity to grow their sales skills and professionally develop within the organization.
- Design and manage a “territory plan” in conjunction with the Director, Sales Operations that expands Satori Software’s retention of the existing customer base.
- Meet and exceed set sales quotas while adhering to Satori sales rules of engagement and Satori defined sales methodologies.
- Accurately maintain an appropriate pipeline and conduct on-going reviews with sales and executive management using Satori Software sales process.
- Collaborate with market/sales teams to support cross selling of solutions within identified markets.
- Consult/up sell and cross-sell product options and other Satori solutions.
- Draw upon resources in pre-sales engineering, professional services, marketing and product management to support territory plan development and execution.
- Provide feedback regarding customer requirements and at managements request conduct extensive win/loss interviews.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of all Satori offerings, including value proposition, positioning, intended audience(s) etc.
- Develop, maintain and share understanding of competitor dynamics.
- Commit to professional development through the guidance of management and self motivated efforts.
- Develop strong team relationships with inside and outside sales team members and other Satori employees.
- Honor the Satori Values and Sales Philosophy and follow the established Rules of Engagement.
- Maintain up-to-date opportunity information in designated SFA systems.
- Maintain a current awareness of all Satori sales tools, press releases, website material, newsletters and social media feeds.
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from other sales team members and customers regarding expiring solutions.
- Maximize and improve/innovate the renewal process.
• Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Up to 2 years successful experience selling software products and solutions preferred.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience managing a pipeline with multiple accounts preferred.
• Thrive in a collaborative team environment.
• Self motivated and creative with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret customer needs and solve problems.
Apply Top of Page
Technical Support Engineer
Satori is looking for a technical superstar who can help our customers with our products designed for production mail and questions about USPS regulations and the use of our products in the large-scale business mailing industry. This front line support position provides technical knowledge as well as postal regulation information to our growing customer base. This fast-paced, demanding environment requires multi-tasking and a detail-oriented personality. An even disposition with great communication skills is essential, along with the ability to describe complex topics in a clear and concise manner. A computer science background is preferred, and a strong technical background is required. Must be adept at working in a team environment.
Primary Job Functions
• Provide comprehensive end-user support via phone and e-mail in a senior role as a part of our Production Mail Support Group, supporting our suite of products providing address correction, name parsing, mail presorting and envelope design and printing applications on multiple operating system platforms
• Assist Sales with technical issues to win new accounts
• Review and compose product bug tracking and feature request entries
• Provide consulting services for high-end customizations
• Provide end-user training
• Research and disseminate USPS business mailing rules and regulations
• Research and write knowledgebase articles for both staff and our customers
• A.A. degree in Computer Science or significant, relevant work experience
• 3+ years experience in a production mail software product/technical support department or 5+ years of related, direct support or production environment utilizing address correction and presorting software in a large production mail facility
• In-depth knowledge of Postalsoft production mailing software (Presort, PrintForm, Label Studio, etc.)
• Strong desire to provide high-quality customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Team player who demonstrates positive, constructive, interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and able to work productively with minimal direction
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7+
• Working knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX platforms
• Understanding of and working experience with computer networking technology
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Access in particular
• Understanding of and working experience with relational database technology
• Four-year Computer Science degree or deep, relevant work experience
• 5+ years experience in a production mail software product/technical support department or 7+ years of related, direct support or production environment utilizing address correction and presorting software in a large production mail facility.
• In-depth knowledge of SAP Postalsoft data quality software (ACE, Match-Consolidate, DataRight IQ)
• In-depth advanced knowledge of and experience with relational database technology and reading/writing SQL queries
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Excel and Access in particular
• Strong knowledge of Linux (Red Hat/SUSE) and/or UNIX (AIX/Solaris) platforms
• Experience wrting technical documentation for a knowledgebase and other product support related functions.
Apply Top of Page
Technical Program Manager
Satori Software is looking for a passionate Technical Program Manager. We’re looking for an individual who can’t wait to roll up their sleeves and be a key contributor. The right individual will be an experienced and talented program manager who is excited to work with a team of top-notch product development professionals.
In this role you will work closely with the product development and product teams to deliver high quality, enterprise software solutions. You will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment to help realize the business vision.
- Upholding and evangelizing the principles of Agile/Scrum within the product development team and across the company;
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Facilitating one or more scrum teams to support the delivery of strategic technology products;
- Working collaboratively with other scrum masters to leverage each other’s evolving practices and innovative ideas to improve our development methods, team dynamics and overall product quality.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 5+ years of Agile experience including 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Experience with processes and tools supporting Agile methodologies, including Agile estimation and Burn-Down / Burn-Up / Velocity Metrics;
- Great leadership skills and ability to lead teams of highly talented and independent individuals;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- A deep understanding of software development and a track record of shipping software on time;
- BA/BS in technical or business discipline;
- 8 – 10 years relevant work experience.
Apply Top of Page